Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
One compulsory question to be attempted [1500 words] and One question from selection of Three [1500 words]
With reference to appropriate models, theories, frameworks and academic literature, you are to required to respond to two essay titles, as follows:
the compulsory question from Box A, and
one from the selection in Box B
you should provide your answer in the form of a discursive essay in not more than 1500 words for each title [3000 words in total].
The pieces of work are equally weighted at 50% of the overall mark. Note that you should not include any appendices in your finished piece of work.
Critically discuss the following statement “National culture is a strong predictor of the way in which managers in a subsidiary business operate.”
Please select ONE of the following questions:
1. Can language barrier factors have an impact in the early stages of a relationship building. Discuss providing examples.
2. As the leader of a multicultural group, identify and discuss what actions you could take when the group forms to improve or assure success and high level performance.
3. Discuss, with examples, the role played by culture and societal values in creating ethics within an organisation?
Essays for both questions should be submitted as one submission document.
Learning outcomes assessed within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting :
· Define and criticise models for understanding differences in national and organisational culture
· Describe ways in which cultural differences impact on behaviour in organisations by comparing different national cultures,
· Demonstrate how models for understanding motivation, leadership and group behaviour take account or fail to take account of cultural differences
· Define how verbal and non-verbal communication varies across cultures and the impact on managers
· Determine the problems likely to be faced by international managers working in a different culture to their own
· Be sensitive to cultural differences, when working within a diverse team or moving to a new culture
· Explore ethical issues and dilemma’s relating to cross cultural management