Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Prompt: Historians debated the question of who started the Cold War, later the question changed based on when the
Cold War started, What question might historians of today ask and what answers would be revealed?
Your prompt is asking you based on what we know today
what question might historians of today ask. I’m asking you
knowing what we know today what are some of the new
historical thoughts that have changed, and developed.
#3 be sure to have a strong thesis statement that you can focus
on. All you evidence should prove your thesis statement.
#4 on the bottom of the rules for writing announcement is the
format for your footnotes copy and paste the template when
you insert your footnotes and then fill in the information.
#5 a work cited page is not necessary just be sure to have you
1. Always have a thesis statement
2. Be sure your evidence answers and proves your thesis statement.
3. No 1st or 2nd person writing in a historical paper. (do not put yourself in the paper)
4. Past tense writing only!!! History happens in the past so only write in past tense.
5. Be sure to mention the book and document before quoting from it.
6. The name of the book and document should be in italics.
7. When you quote someone be sure to acknowledge who you are quoting, use correct punctuation, close the quote and insert a footnote.
8. Be sure to use Chicago Manual style
9. Standard rules for the paper: 1 inch margins, Times New Roman, 12 font and double space.
10. Use a header not a heading. Name-Class-Date
11. No contracted words.
12. No abbreviations